Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Friends are always in fashion!

I love my scrap friends !!
I accepted a design challenge from my local stamping store, A Small Cleverness, and the result was this page. The challenge was to use the large purse stamp seen above. The stamp is by B Line Designs. It was alot of fun doing a challenge with a group of stampers and seeing all the different interpretations and creativity used with this stamp. I wanted to do something more creative, but I waited to the last minute and fell back on old faithful, scrapbooking. So mine wasn't as creative as the other participants, but I was satisfied that I actually finished it and used the stamp !! I was tempted to give up. I embossed the brown paper to give my purse some texture. I stamped it twice and pieced the front and end together after inking to add depth. I stamped the strap and encolosure part of the purse on gold shiney paper with staz-on, cut and pieced on the rest of the purse. I used a different set of stamps for the shoes and stands. I stamped them and enlarged the images using them as a pattern. I added little jewels on the shoes to dress them up. To create the title I embossed paper, and used chipboard letters as a template to create each font. I hand cut the letters and pop dotted the "r", "e", and "d". The burgandy shoe & stand, and purse are also pop dotted off the page as well as the bottom photo. I used decorative sissors around the edges of my photo mats.
The patterned paper is by Making Memories. The rest of the paper was just colored cardstock.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...