Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Christmas Banner Challenge

Today I'm posting the first section of a Christmas Banner.  The girls at Ready, Set, Stamp Challenge Blog have inspired us to create a banner one section at a time, every 2 weeks.  So at the end of the 8 weeks we will reveal the completed banner.  No cheating allowed because you have to wait for the specific recipe every 2 weeks.  Our banner has to be an inverted triangle.  We get to choose our own colors.
A few other standard rules with their challenge are 1 stamp minimum, and no "cute" projects.  So please don't tell me my project is "cute", teehee.  Here are the rest of the ingredients for this portion of the challenge:


As you can see they have very specific requirements, so this one will limit me and may prove to be one of the hardest challenges I've done.  So hopefully I will make it to the end!  Last year I ran across a Dover Publications Book with lots of vintage images for different holidays.  So I've been dying to use them, and this seems like a great challenge to work my Christmas images from that book into a project.



My triangle measures 6 1/2 across the top and 7 1/2 from top to bottom.  I stamped and heat embossed the stars (Crafty Secrets) in gold to my DP (Creative Imaginations) and then ran the VersaMark pad along the edges of the triangle and embossed in gold as well to make it coordinate.  Obviosly my primary colors will be red, white and gold with a splash of green.  I added some Stampendous white Pearl Glitter to the letter "J", the snowballs, on the tree and around the edges of the triangle to tie that element in.  I used Stampendous red Pearl Glitter on the berries for the holly.

The next set of ingredients will be posted tomorrow, so I can't wait to see what they are!


9 comments:

Isabelle Norris said...

nope, it's not cute, just vintage as we like it! ;)
Beautiful first triangle, looking forward to seeing the next one
isax

Nine said...

It's beautiful ! I like this vintage style.

P'tite Plume said...

Beautiful work!

Angelnorth said...

Well, the little girls are cute but not in a Magnolia/Sugar Nellie/Sarah Kay kind of way so we can go with that! Great vintage look Melissa, lovely to see you at RSS!

Jenny said...

How in the world do you think of these things? I love them but it's not in my brain programming.

Marcy said...

Gorgeous and not even the slightest bit cute (well, those sweet snowball-throwing girls are cutting it a little close - maybe) ;)

NETTI said...

Lovely vintage banner, Melissa.

Darlene said...

Gorgeous Vintage Creation! Love what you've done here!! I'm not brave enough to try this challenge but I'm glad to see you are!!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

I love your gorgeous banner Melissa! such sweet vintage images you used...you have so many beautiful projects on your blog! Happy Sunday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...