Thursday, January 28, 2010

FCD - Forgive Me Project #4


Created for :
 Just the Girls Challenge Blog  to use one of Lauren Meaders templates

I created this cute little gift box using one of Lauren Meader Timeless Templates. Lauren still has lots of templates over at PTI, but she just started her own site as well. Check out My Time Made Easy HERE. It was soooo easy! It came in 2 sizes and I made the smaller one. Basically I downloaded the template from PTI ($5). Then I double clicked on the file and it opened up into an Adobe Reader window. Then I printed it! I cut the pieces, adhered together, decorated the front! You have to use your own punch to create the hole in the handle, as you can see, I'm a little off center. But it was my first time, so I'm sure my next one will be better.

Stamps : FireCracker Designs by Pamela (FCD) Forgive Me set and Butter/Dragon fly set.

I created 3 mask using Elipse Masking "Tape" (it's not really tape, it's like a post it note with the sticky stuff over the entire back of it). I inked the stem/leaf portion of the stamps with VersaMagic Spanish Olive and then added Purple Hydrangea to the floral area. I stamped the same image repeatedly to create my garden, using the mask to prevent clutter and enable me to stamp them "on top of each other". I poped up a butterfly, added ribbon, and inked the edges. Really quick and easy.

15 comments:

Maria said...

Great design. I love the template and those flowers and that butterfly are awesome! Great colors! Thanks for playing along with us!

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

Gorgeous!! I always have intentions on using template but I never seem to actually use them. Thanks for the inspiration... I might actually use one now! LOL

Patti J said...

Thanks for the inspiration Melisa! I actually downloaded the free template today, and hope to do the challenge! Great project! Your coloring is delightful - TFS!

Jenny said...

Really pretty. Love the shades of lavender.

AKiteFlier said...

Melissa - great to see you on JUGS again - love this box - one of my faves! You did a great job with it - love the colors and the florals and the B-fly. Thanks for the shout out to Lauren's store too. Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a pretty tote! I love that gorgeous purple satin and that butterfly just pops right off! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls template challenge! Hope to see you Saturday!

FireCracker082 said...

my goodness, that is one of the nicest uses of the Forgive Me set I've seen yet! LOVE the butterfly with it, and the colors are just gorgeous!

kc_froglady said...

I really like this one Melisa - very striking with the purple and green together! I love the butterfly added and the ribbon tied around it!

HappyCrafter said...

It's gorgeous and I love this butterfly!

Kristen H said...

Very pretty, love you inking!

Chrissy D said...

Beautiful Melisa - love the colors!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Very pretty project! Love the pretty colors and the flowers are wonderful. TFS

Ursula said...

Melisa, that is drop-dead gorgeous!! I had to go look at that stamp set; I don't think I have seen anyone use the "weed" flower before. It looks terrific!! I agree with Pam - this is the nicest use of that stamp set to date! :o)

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Gorgeous!

Steph Zerbe said...

super cute little bag!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...