Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Scor-Pal Tutorial


I wanted to try a creative use for my scor-pal, so I created scored lines diagonally and then sewed on seed beads at the intersection. What a fun tool!
Stamp set : Wee Ones from The Angel Company!

Scor-pal Tutorial
Today I decided I would focus on showing you how to create a criss-cross pattern using your Scor-pal and then re-post a couple of projects. Start with a square piece of cardstock (mine is 8"x8"). Lay your cardstock on your Scor-pal with each of two corners along the 6" line as shown below.




Now score lines 1/2" apart. Turn the cardstock so that the other 2 corners line up on the 6" line and score lines at 1/2" intervals. The result will be a criss-cross pattern on your 8" x 8" piece of cardstock. You can now cut this into smaller squares to use as you like.

On this sample I layered 3 different color inks to create this mosaic look. I just brusted the ink pads over the panel and then used a brayer to help blend the colors.



This one is an example of the same technique but the pattern is a grid instead of a criss-cross.

Also consider using your Scor-pal to create a simple border.


Hope this simple tutorial inspires you to use your Scor-pal for more than just creating a simple fold for your cards !

16 comments:

Sudha said...

Lovely card dear.

Jenny said...

This is totally cute but it wouldn't work... because I would have to do a you and me and my three kids and your two kids make ummm.... add the 2 carry the 5 ... ummm... makes 7 and I don't think I could find long enough card stock.

But I like the concept.

ha!

Barb said...

This is so pretty, Melisa! LOVE the seed beads on the scored grid... fabulous detail!
And thanks for the shout-out my friend :) Good luck winning that Magnolia image!

Jess said...

So pretty! Love the detail of the border punch!

ScrappyPam said...

This is so stinkin' cute! Love it!

LadybugSue said...

I love this card so dainty and cute, I did a box card for the
challenge.
http://ladybugdesignsbysue.blogspot.com/

Paula said...

Adorable card! Love what you did with the scorepal and the beads at the cross hairs...very ingenius! I'm so glad you could join us this week at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!
Pleasantly,
Paula

Aud Kirsten said...

Wow, this is so sweet!Thanks for joining us at SSC this week:o)
Hugs:)

Liza said...

A stunning card, I love the design. Thanks for joining us at SSC.

Liza x

AmethystCat said...

this is a fabulous card! I'm so going to have to do a version of this one. TFS!

Sprytebyrd said...

Wonderful card! I love the scor-pal design and the beads, awesome effect!
Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday! ♥
Dee (Spryte)

Georgia said...

Lovely card. Love to see cards made with inchies. Thanks for joining us this week at SSC.

HappyCrafter said...

So sweet! Love the little pins and the scoring looks great.

Carolyn said...

Wow, adorable card. I love the safety pins and the inchies. Great design.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

What a fabulous effect and how clever! I love the criss/cross w/pearls.

Lovely card, Melisa!

Janneke said...

Great card.
Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

Janneke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...