I loved this set the minute I seen it. I have a Gothic Cross Collection in my home, so I thought it would be nice to create a few home decor pieces to go with that theme. Now I just have to find a frame. Guess I should have started with the frame. For now, there is an easel on the back so I can set it out.
I love collage, and texture! So this one is just that. No pumus on this one, modeling paste instead.
Stamps : Layers of Color Gothic Crosses and Touch of Elegance
GinaK (bible verse)
Tutorial : Using Modeling Paste
1. I started with corrugated cardboard as my base. Use gel medium to adhere some music paper.
2. Brush over this with a glaze by Golden - Sea Foam Green and then age it with some brown distress ink - vintage photo.
3. Stamp various Gothic Crosses and emboss. This set has a 2 step option and you can stamp the center first, mask it, and then stamp the cross. I used my Eclipse Masking Tape for this, I LOVE that stuff. Once I stamp and cut a mask, I store it with my stamps for future use.
4. Create texture using modeling paste and a metal embossing template (circles). I rubbed on more modeling paste around the edges and brused it randomly. You can see the texture better on 2b view. Let that dry.
5. I'm having a hard time remembering if I rubbed more glaze over the modeling paste (it's white) to make it green or just sprayed with Glimmer Mist - Garden Fairy. Either way I did spray with Glimmer Mist last.
6. Stamp verse and cut with your favorite Spellbinders die. I used Labels #5. I used chalk to get the green background. Add decorative element at the top using one of the images from "Touch of Elegance". Add jewel. Secure to base, and then as an after thought, I sprayed with Work Fixative, since I used chalk on the label.
If you missed my other Corrugated Home Decor pieces then scroll down. I just posted 3 others earlier in the week.