Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thank YOU !

This Hero Arts thank you was designed for a challenge over at the ABC Design Team Blog.
 I stamped it on watercolor paper in VersaFine Onyx Black and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  Then I began coloring with H2O watercolor paints.  I lightly applied water before adding color so that it went on smoothly and dabbed with a paper towel when I applied too much.  I used my Label 5 Nestabilities and then distressed the edges with black ink an eyeshadow applicator.  I used a background stamp by Great Impression Scroll and Leaf on purple cardstock.  I really like how lavender and olive green look together.
Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Ginny said...

gorgeous, thanks for joining us at FnF :0)

congrats on the house, we are going thru the same thing at the moment, so I sympathise :0)

Patti J said...

Beautiful card Melisa! Happy to hear that things are going well for you in your house hunt. I'll keep you in my prayers and hope your home sells quickly.

Barb said...

This is gorgeous, Melisa! Love the purple, and the vintage look is great! Good luck with the house sale (crossing fingers for you!) :)

Barb said...

This is gorgeous, Melisa! Love the purple, and the vintage look is great! Good luck with the house sale (crossing fingers for you!) :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Very pretty Melisa! Glad you found a place in Houston- and I wish for you a QUICK sale of your home!

joy said...

Love the deep rich colors!

andrea said...

gorgeous card,lovely colours thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky this week
andrea

Justine said...

BBBBBeautiful Melissa and what a FANTABULOSO write up.

Jen Carter said...

I love this! It is so gorgeous! All those elements, and the colors you chose...so pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...