Friday, July 30, 2010

Dare to Get Dirty Projects

So, as you may have read on an earlier post, that I have been crazy busy making projects for 33 challenges over at SCS for this years Dare to Get Dirty Contest.

It's only done once a year, they post challenges for 7 days for a total of 33 challenges, and you have to be a Fan Club member to play. Now, you didn't have to complete 33. But, there was a chance for 12 participates who complete ALL the challenges to win prizes, so I had to give it a go. Let me tell you this really pushed me. And I'm not a big fan of sketches, so those were to hardest for me. I have already posted some of those projects, but there were a few more I wanted to share with you (and a couple I don't, teehee). So today is a parade of some of these projects. The contest ends July 31 and I'm hoping that I am a winner!
You were able to combine challenges and I posted 19 projects total.


This one was a color challenge.  I have chosen to leave several of my cards without a sentiment on the front recently, so I can use them for whatever comes up.
Stamp sets : Flourishes Nurture Yourself (pot), Stamper's Anonymous (scalloped border), Great Impressions (swirly background), butterfly unknown
I gathered tissue paper to create my ruffled border.


I actually had stamped a couple of these images out a while back and colored, but never complete on a card.  Don't you just want to sit down and color sometime??  I have a pile of images that are colored and I just need to do something with them.  So I was thrilled to finally use this one.  This image is by Kraftin' Kimmie.  There is another image with it that is so cute.


This one was for a "movie challenge".  My daughter loves Audrey Hepburn and I had bought her this image a while back.  So it was a perfect fit.  Then I bagan googling quotes by her.  This one worked out well I think.
Stamps : B-Line Designs (Audrey), SU (background stamp)


For this shaped card I used a template I downloaded from Bee-Crafty Downloads.  Looked like a good idea when I down loaded it, but I turned it into a fiasco.  After I figured out to enlarge and printed it, I decided that I didn't like the thickness of the lines so I decided to paper-piece it.  But that meant that I had to draw the icing lines myself.  But after all the frustration, I think the outcome is ok.  I considered turning the cherry into a candle, but the practical side of me won out.  The cherry fits in an envelope.  BTW, I like alot of her templates, but just be aware that they are adobe files.  So it was a little tricky for me to figure out how to copy and paste it into a word doc so I could resize it.  If I had know, I wouldn't have went with this one.

Stay tuned for a blog candy announcement coming August 1st!

I hope your day is filled with great joy!

4 comments:

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

Love them all! Your cupcake card turned out wonderfully! Love the glitter accent.

Lovely Linda said...

Wow Melisa - you have been a busy girl - I doubt if I could meet all of those challenges in such a short time!! Amazing and with such adorable cards! I love them all - you do such a variety of styles - love it! Thanks for always inspiring my friend! {{{hugs}}}

Tina Connolly said...

Wow, these are all gorgeous! You've been very busy & creative.
www.scrapdiva-tina.blogspot.com

Barb said...

They are all beautiful, Melisa! LOVE LOVE LOVE that first one with all of the texture and trims, and beautimousness :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...