Sunday, April 10, 2011

Pink Persimmon "Oh! Deer"

Hello friends.  I hope you are having a fabulous weekend.  It's a gorgeous weekend for us with high's in the upper 80's.  I went to a yard sale yesterday and got rid of so much stuff.  I had forgotten how much we had, since so much had been still boxed up this year while we were still in the rental.  So when we started unpacking it was the perfect time to set aside stuff that just wouldn't work in the new house.  I also spent a little time this weekend creating a couple of cards I'm shipping off to Take Ten tomorrow.  It is for the "Autumn" issue.  So I hope to see them again.


Pink Persimmon has 2 sets of "Oh! Dear".  There is an outline set and a silhouette set.  So you have the choice of stamping your deer the color of your choice and then the outline around it, stamp the outline and color it yourself, or stamp the ouline on patterned paper as I did below.  Since they are for the fall issue, obviously I tried to use fall colors.  And I tried to create cards that wouldn't take more than about 10 minutes to create.



************************************************

Project Details

Card #1
Patterned Paper : My Minds Eye Stella Rose 6x6 paper pad
Ink : Kaleidacolor Cappuccino Delight and Pearlescent Chocolate (sentiment and birds) by Tsukineko
Spellbinders : Labels Eight with my Grand Calibur
Ribbon : local anitque store
Card #2
Stamps : Pink Persimmon "Oh! Deer (outline)"
Background Paper is REALLY old by Creative Imaginations.  I loved the little swirlies in the corners and thought it would create an enchanted forrest look.
Brown patterned paper : 7 Gypsies Nottinghill 6x6 paper pad
green copic marker for leaves and green prismacolor pencil to outline swirlies in the corners and brances on tree.

Thanks for stopping by!
I hope you have a blessed week
Melisa

4 comments:

Patti J said...

Gorgeous cards, Melisa! I'd hate to have to choose a favorite, as they are equal beauties! Glad your sale went well!

Shirley said...

These are both outstanding, Melisa! Plan on Take Ten loving them!!!

kiwimeskreations said...

fabulous cards Melisa - love the colours and the pun on the deer card.
Blessings
Maxine

Sudha said...

Beautiful creations dear.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...