Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hi !


It's been great this year to see more and more companies coming out with 6x6 and 8x8 paper pads.  The 6x6 paper pads work perfectly for card makers. The patterns are smaller and I can get a variety for a lower price.  My Mind's Eye is one of my favorites!  I have been using there papers for years to scrapbook and I'm loving them even more now that they have the smaller paper pads.  What about you??  Do you love the smaller paper pads and who are some of your favorites??
My card today combines one of my favorite paper companies with one of my favorite stamp companies, Pink Persimmon.  Isn't this little garden so cute??  This set is appropriately named "Flower Garden".  It's all about the flowers in this set.  You get lots of different layering options, so you can create your own little unique garden.  And the cute little sentiment was created using their "Soda Pop Alpha" set.
I started out with the idea to just stamp directly onto the lined notebook paper.  I used Eclipse Masking tape to layer the images.  When using masking tape, you always want to stamp the image in the foreground first, mask it, and then stamp the background image.  So I stamped flower #1 (on the left), stamped it again on masking tape, cut out the mask and covered flower #1.  Then I stamped flower #2 (center) over the side of flower #1.  The original plan was to color the outside of the flowers and paper piece the insides.  But I couldn't get the aqua blue the correct shade, and decided to paper piece 2 of the outer parts of the flowers as well.  TMI !! 
Why am I sharing this??  Well because I think I made it more complicated than it needed to be ...  who me???   If I had just decided to paper piece from the beginning, I would not have needed to mask.  I guess my point is ....  YOU can create this one a lot easier than I did.  But my designs often change midstream, as I work them.  It's fun when you can just stamp an image on a piece of patterned paper and use your Copics to color.  Which is exactly what I did for the stems/leaves and butterfly.  So if you have never tried it, I challenge you.  Leave that white cardstock behind and shake things up a little bit!
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to get crafty today!
Melisa
*********************************************
Supplies
Stamps : Pink Persimmon "Flower Garden" and "Soda Pop Alpha"
notebook sheet, blue and grey cut-outs : My Mind's Eye Sophie Collections 2010
All other patterned paper : My Mind's Eye - Stella & Rose - Gertie and Hazel paper pads 2011

****************************************************

Challenges
I was a we bit confused.  The photo I had posted WAS NOT this week's Trigger Tuesday.  Not the first time and probably want be the last, teehee.   So I just deleted it.

***********************************************************

You can view more Pink Persimmon projects HERE.

6 comments:

Marlou McAlees said...

love your card and gorgeous papers :)

Patti J said...

Ha ha...I am always confused, so you're in good company! Your card is adorable, dear friend! Love that is's a bit whimsical, and fun!!! Hugs...

Danni said...

This is so pretty! Neat layout too!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

This is so lovely! It's great how you layered the torn patterned papers and paired it with the perfect embellishments and images!

kiwimeskreations said...

So glad your cards change direction part way through!! so do mine.
Love this card with all the dp - it is so colourful and the tearing looks fabulous!
Blessings
Maxine

Jennie said...

So pretty Melisa!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...