Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Back to School

9x9 Layout


Good Morning Paper Crafters!  Today I'm sharing a 9 x 9 layout designed using my sweet husbands 1st grade class photo.  I don't even remember 1st grade, do you???  And I don't have a photo, so I would love to tell you that I just love my teacher, if I could only remember her, HA!  What about you??  Can you remember any of the Elementary years??   But ...  I'm sure I was a little angel, enthusiastic about learning and very obedient ...  every teachers dream, teehee. 

The "Little Red Wagon" stamp set was just perfect for this layout.  You can use the boy or girl image and there are so many cute items to load the wagon up with.  There is a birthday cake, valentine hearts, pumpkins and more!  A fun sentiment for a friend when creating a card  using this image would be "When you wagon is full, I'll help you pull".  You can check out this set HERE

"Little Red Wagon" looks great combined  with Kaiser Crafts "Class of '87" 12 x 12 paper collection for this layout.   I used "Timeless Tables", "Show and Tale", and "Sports Day" from the patterned paper collection, along with the matching rub-ons.  The line comes with  some other great embellishments and a 6 x 6 paper pad as well, HERE.

 

My sweetie is the short little guy standing by the teacher with the crew cut.  
What a handsome little guy he was.  Still is!!
******************************************

Project Details
Stamps : Pink Persimmon "Little Red Wagon"
Patterned Paper / Rub-ons : Kaiser Crafts
Border Punch : Fiskars
Trim red patterned paper 9 x 9".  I  used only certain horizontal strips from the "Sports Day" sheet and combined them to create the bottom part of the background.  Trim background patterned paper slightly smaller than 9 x 9 and adhere to red cardstock base.  Doodle around edges.  Ink edges of photo with red ink.  Use scalloped border punch to create a border from red cardstock.  Adhere to bottom backside of photo.  Adhere green ribbon.  Adhere photo to page.  Stamp Little Red Wagon's boy, stack of books, and wagon on white cardstock.  Color with markers.  I paper pieced the shorts because I didn't have the correct shade of blue to match.  Adhere to layout.  Trim just the "A" and "B" sections of the "Show and Tell" patterned paper sheet and adhere to layout.  Doodle around edges.  Embellish rest of page with rub-ons and buttons.

*************************************************************************

You can view more of my Pink Persimmon projects HERE.
You can view more of my Scrapbook Layouts HERE.

You can view more of my Back to School / Teacher Appreciation projects HERE.

4 comments:

Sudha said...

Wow lovely. I see ur first creation in this style.
Hey congrats for ur classes dear. Best of luck.

FerrellGraph-x said...

Love it! Makes me think I can scrapbook! I'm inspired to give it a try!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer Ferrell

kiwimeskreations said...

Great page Melisa ;-)
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn Stevens said...

What a darling page Melisa and yes I do remember my first grade teachers name, it was Mrs. Nisheehara
but ask me what I had for dinner last night, hummmmmm ??? must be an age thing LOL
I bet you were a teachers delight.
hugs Lynn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...