Friday, August 26, 2011

Artist Trading Card / Faith Art

Artist Trading Card 2.5" x 3.5"

Good Morning Paper Crafters.  I am the hostess this morning for Faith Art Friday over on the Layers of Color blog and I wanted to share with you as well.  


Would you like to have the joy, peace, and happiness that only comes from God?? Sounds like a no brainer, right??   We all want joy, peace, and happiness, right??
As my children were growing up, one of the foundational principles that I reminded them of was that we were created by God to have a relationship with Him. I told them that if that relationship was good, then all of our other relationships would be as well. What a basic principle that if followed through on, all of us would have a more abundant life. But, we are humans, with faults. Some of us weaker than others. Some of us stumbling more than others. So I would like to take a moment today to remind all of us again of this basic principle which should govern our lives.


“Be joyful always; pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


The basic foundation of our relationship with God comes first through our accepting the salvation that He has offered us through Jesus. After we have established that relationship, then the key to a successful walk with Him comes through bible study and prayer.
So basic, yet many of us stumble. I know many times in my life I have become distracted and allowed myself to stray from regular bible study and prayer. And I know there are others who have done so as well. So please be reminded and encouraged today … to pray without ceasing.



“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God” Phillipians 4:6


Pray regularly. Have a routine of daily prayer and bible study. But beyond that, be willing to engage in prayer anytime during the day. As soon as you are convicted of some sin, or feel the smallest amount of anxiety over a problem in your life. Pray prayers of thankfulness all day long, acknowledging all that is good in your life, and it will change your life! God wants us to be continually dependent on Him. Don’t save it up till your regular prayer time. Stop where ever you are, acknowledge Him, and pray. I have to tell you that I am a forgetful person, so if I didn’t stop and pray as things come to my mind, then there would be so many things I would miss praying about. I have even prayed walking through the parking lot of Wal-Mart before, after seeing a mother verbally abusing her child. Or driving down the road seeing someone that looks so unfortunate. I pray for my co-workers and for the supervisors that God has put over me. We shouldn’t save our prayers up for the bad times in our lives, but pray continually, including God in all aspects of our lives.


“And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and request …” Ephesians 6:18


I prayed before writing this to you. I know that there may be many of you that know this principle and have a wonderful prayer life. But for that one person out there who needs a reminder, I’m praying for you right now.
We would love to invite you to check out Faith Art Friday every week on the Layers of Color blog.
thanks for stopping by today and letting me share my heart with you!

Melisa
********************************************

Project Details
Stamps : Layers of Color "Gift's of Love"
I am working on a series of Artist Trading Cards that are what I like to call Faith Art.  And this is one of them.  The backgound was created with crackle paste and brown ink.  I stamped the image, colored with Copics and trimmed.  I popped it up off the background and added my verse. 

You can view my other Faith Art projects HERE.

You can view all of my ATC's HERE.
You can view all of my Layers of Color projects HERE.

*********************************************

You can view all of my ATC's HERE
You can view more of my Faith Art HERE.

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Melisa this is so lovely - and that textured background is awesome.
Thank you to for you exhortation to pray without ceasing.
Blessings
Maxine

Jennie said...

Beautiful design Melisa and love your post!! It was such a blessing to me :)

FerrellGraph-x said...

I'm in complete AWE over your card! It's such a beautiful work of art!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer

NanaConnie said...

Love the crackle background on this project! It definitely gives a wonderful texture. Thanks for playing at Tuesday Throwdown this week, and thanks for the uplifting message.
NanaConnie TT DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...