Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Warbler ... I love that stamp!


Good Morning!  It's going to be a fabulous day.  My friend Deb is coming over and we are going to spend the day working on techniques we learned from the She Art Class.  It is a fabulous online media class that has tons of background techniques in it.  And Christy is so funny, I really enjoyed the class.

We are also going to work on some submissions for some upcoming calls for Take Ten and Stampers Sampler.  Stampers Sampler has the cutest cupcake template to play along with this time.  We can make it any size and use it however we like.  In every issue they give us a differnet Tempting Template to create with.  You can check out all the previous Tempting Templates HERE.  They also have a call for stamping on special surfaces.  You can check out the details on the Sept. Calls page at the top of my blog.  We'd love to have you join us.  Shoot me an email and I'll send you a copy of the template.  If you play along please let me know when you post your project. 

Take Ten just released their Autumn issue and they always have a sketch challenge for their call.  I haven't had time to post that one yet, but it's not due til Oct 15.  They also have a "ink it over" challenge.  This one and all of their regular challenges are always listed in the back of the issue.  If you don't have a copy and want to play along, let me know and I'll send you the sketch.

Remember the deadlines for both Take Ten and Stampers Sampler are the dates they have to be in their office.  No email submissions.

Today I'm sharing a card I made a while back using the Warbler cling art stamp by Layers of Color.  The large cling art stamps that Layers of Color sales are so easy to design with.  And no coloring makes it easy to whip up a card in no time.  I have created many cards with this one, 7 in all!  Probably my most used Layers of Color stamp, besides those bees and butterflies!

Update on my birds ...  I now have 3 feeders up outside my studio window and tons of birds visiting every day!  I enjoy it so much ...  and so does the cat, ha!  He's STILL trying to capture them through the window, along with the Lizards.  I set him up a bed at the end of the table so he can just lay there and watch. 

You can check out all of my Warbler cards and other bird projects HERE.

Thanks for letting me share!  And I pray none of you are in the path of Irene.  Please let me know if you have prayer request and I will have the LOC DT pray for you.
big hugs,
Melisa

*****************************************************

Project Details

Stamps : Layers of Color Warbler cling art stamp and
Sent With Love art stamp set
Patterned Paper : K&Company
K&Company Adhesive Border
Lace : Hobby Lobby
Create card base with cream cardstock 5 ½” x 5 ½”.   Trim patterned paper slightly smaller and adhere to card base. Cut small strip of music patterned paper and adhere to left side. Mask off music patterned paper and stamp Warbler. Color branch and blooms with markers. Adhere lace vertically as shown. Adhere K&Company Adhesive Border vertically as well. Stamp Warbler on cream cardstock and cut just the bird body. Adhere over the image stamped on the patterned paper. Stamp sentiment.

5 comments:

Patti J said...

Melisa, this is beautiful! I, too, love this set. It's so versatile. The DP you used is just perfect with the birds, too! Very well done, my friend! Sigh...still haven't looked at that cuppie cake! Hugs....happy weekend! Have fun with your friend!

Wordbird said...

This card is a true beauty, Melisa! Hope all is well with you sweet girl!

Sudha said...

Beautiful creation dear.

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Ooo, I love all your Warbler cards, Melisa! This one is particularly gorgeous! Perfection really.

kiwimeskreations said...

Love the way your black and white bird just jumps off the page against the soft colours of the background.!!
Blessings
Maxine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...