Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sweet Baby Girl Layout

9x9 Layout

Good Morning Paper Crafters!  I bet you are wondering who this little cutie patootie is??  It's my neice 21 years ago.  What a sweet little face.  So I needed a sweet little layout to go with it. 
I wanted to use my "Baby Clothesline" set by Pink Persimmon, so I headed out to Archivers in search of the perfect patterened paper to create my layout with.  As soon as I seen this patterned paper I grabbed it.  I knew it would make a great shabby layout.  It's part of the My Mind's Eye "Blush" line.  It came in a 6x6 paper pad as well so I grabbed one, knowing the small patterns would be perfect for paper peicing the little clothes.  This set comes with the cutest little clothes pins so that you can create a little clothesline, adorable boy and girl clothes, and some cute little toys as well.  LOVE it!



I wanted to use my "Small Banner" set with the "Small Carnival Alpha" set though,  so I opted to layout the clothes randomly.  The Small Banner set comes with 6 different little patterns that you can choose to stamp your banner in.  You stamp the inside first, then the outside in black.  Then stamp your letters on each banner.  I colored the inside of the letters with a Copic marker R85.

I paper peiced the dress and bloomers.  I stamped the sweater, booties, and bunny on pink cardstock and then added shawdowing with my Copic Markers.  I used RV0000 with R85, tip to tip.  R85 would have been to dark to apply directly to paper.  I created a great shading by picking up a little R85 on the tip of my RV0000 markers.  I shaded the birds with N00.

It's hard to see in the photo, but I added glitter to the stripes in the dress, around the edges of the banners, over the birds, and over the swirly. 
I wanted to create a shabby mat so I layered 3 peices of pink.  I distressed the edges of layer one using a distressing tool.  I used my deckled scissors on layer 2.  I inked all the edges with Pearlescent Chocolate ink.   
To help create an interesting border along the side of the mat, I layered eyelet lace with white party streamer that I had gathered into a ruffle.  I needed more white on the layout so the clothes would show up, so I added some wide lace. 

I hope you are inspired to create a sweet little baby boy or girl layout of your own!
hugs,
Melisa

Check out Pink Persimmon stamps HERE.

You can view all of BABY themed projects HERE.


**************************************

Supplies
Stamps : Baby Clothesline, Small Banner and Small Carnival Alpha sets by Pink Persimmon
Patterned Paper :  My Mind's Eye "Blush" line
Ink : Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate, and Momento Onyx Black
Glitter : Stampendous
Small Roses : $1 aisle at Micheals SCORE!!
Wide Lace in background : I just bought it at Hobby Lobby
White party streamer, buttons, small eyelet lace, and chipboard : my stash
Distressing tool :  My favorite is by Making Memories.  But I also use the one by Tim Holtz.

5 comments:

Jan Hennings said...

too sweet..love the banner and satin bow!

lisa808 said...

Beautiful page (& little girl!).

I just bought that paper last night. It is so pretty.

Jennie said...

Love all of the little details and that sentiment is TOO true! This is sweet beyond words :)

Betty Benton said...

Yes, indeed, sweet to the max. You took extreme care even with the minute details and it paid off beautifully! Love that wide lace!

kiwimeskreations said...

Melisa this is fabulous!! So sweet and such perfect detail.
Blessings
Maxine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...