Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Fun Fold Card


Hello everyone.  I hope you have all had a great week so far.  We had another beautiful day wit 71 degree weather, so I got out and pulled some weeds.  No fun there, but I had fun after I finished.  I created this fun / fancy fold card.  It was created for this week's challenge over at SpeedyTV.  We would love to have you join us.   I used "Big Boy Toys" by Mark's Finest Papers.  It's a really cute set with another truck and cute sentiments like "keep on truckin" and "Boys never grow up ... their toys just get bigger and more expensive! ".



I started with a 4.25" x 11" piece of cardstock.  I scored at 3.5" from the top and then again at 2.5" from the bottom.  The rest is obvious.  The buttons are paper.  I didn't have real ones.  Real ones would have been sturdier.  I only glued them on one side so that I could wrap the twine around them.  I left a really long piece after tying the knot in the middle of the top button, and then used that to wrap it up.

I was trying to go for a masculine look.  So I didn't want to do bows, or flowers.  It was hard to come up with embellishments that are masculine.  I guess less is more in this circumstance.

Before I let you go tonight I want to make sure you know about the Layers of Colors HUGE SALE! 
50% OFF !!  and free stamps as well ....  read all about in HERE.

Thanks for stopping by and please stop by and see us over at SpeedyTV!
hug, Melisa

You can view all of my Fun Fold Cards HERE
You can view more of my Masculine / Father's Day cards HERE.

You can view more of my Mark's Finest Papers projects HERE.
***********************************************************

Project Details
Stamps : Mark's Finest Papers "Big Boy Toys"
Cream Cardstock : Papertrey Ink
Blue Cardstock : Bazzill
Ink : Tsukineko VersaMagic "Night Sky"
Border Punch : Fiskars
Embossing Folder :  Cuttlebug "Swiss Dots"
Button Die : Memory Box "Scalloped Buttons"  ( I purchased mine from Frantic Stamper)
Twine : Papertrey Ink

5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Great masculine card, and what a novel and effective fold and closure.
Blessings
Maxine

Betty Benton said...

This is a really neat fold, Melisa! And a wonderful manly card!

Becky Dunham said...

Love this card Melisa! Thanks for explaining how you did it - I am definitely going to try this! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Benzi said...

Such a cool card, Melisa! I love your image stamped only and left uncolored...very masculine.

Joan Ervin said...

This is such an awesome guy card, Melisa...love the colors, images and what a wonderful fold design!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...