Saturday, September 22, 2012

My Grandfather (Red Rubber Designs)



Today I want to share a layout I designed using a couple of my Red Rubber Designs stamp sets "Hope Perches" and "Background Soup".   I recently won the monthly Blog Hop prize with Red Rubber Designs.  Hop over to their blog and follow it so you can get a chance at winning as well!  

This is my grandfather in his younger days.  He loved to hunt, fish, and garden so I thought that a nature stamp set was just perfect to use on a layout for him.  


He was a wonderful Godly man who loved his family and who was very special to me.  We shared the same birthday.  I remember spending summers with my grandparents as a child.  I remember him singing to wake me up in the morning and that I loved his cologne and how he smelled.   I didn't know my father, so he was the man in my life I looked up to.  I wish he had lived closer to us and that I could have spent more time with him.  Special memories of a special man.

Thanks for letting me share!
Have a blessed weekend, Melisa

**********************************************

Project Details

Patterned Paper : My Mind's Eye (Hobby Lobby)

I used Stampin' Up Wild Wasabi to stamp the background images (polka dots and random letters).  I used VersaFine Vintage Sepia and Palette L'Amour Red to stamp the bird images and sentiment.  I created the tags from thin patterned paper, crumbled them up and then rubbed brown ink over the wrinkled area's and edges.


4 comments:

lisa808 said...

what a fabulous tribute to someone that was so special.

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Love your layout and your story of heartfelt memories of your grandfather. Lovely!

So nice that you popped in to say Hello today! You brought warmth to my day!

Hope you had a great summer!

Love and Hugs my friend!

ScrappyPam said...

Beautiful layout!

Kate Yetter said...

Gorgeous layout! Loved how you used these stamps.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...