Monday, November 19, 2012

Vintage style birthday card



Hello paper crafters!  Today I want to share a vintage styled card I designed using images from 2 stamp sets from Pink Persimmon "Society Lady" and another recently released set "Postal Stamps".  "Society Lady"  is from the Antiquated line.  It includes a lot of vintage images.  I recently purchased some 8 x 8 mini-album pages and other accesories from the "Documented" line by Simple Stories.  Combined with the Antiquated line of images, I think I will be able to create a nice little album using some really old black and white photo's.  I don't have all the sets yet, but once I get them and it's all done, I will share.  I am completely addicted to Cheery Lynn Designs "French Doily".  I love the look I get when I cut from tissue paper and then spray it with inks.  

I'm off to work and then grocery shopping for the rest of my Thanksgiving meal ingredients!  I will be missing my daughter this year.  But I"m soooo thankful to have my son and his girlfriend.  I love the time we spend together cooking in the kitchen, listening to Christmas music,  and then decorating the tree's.  Did I mention I'm in love with his girlfriend.  She is so sweet .... and she likes to craft!  We spent the day together last wednesday and I really enjoyed it.  

Check out Pink Persimmon stamps HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ....  and in case I don't get a chance to post again this week .... 
Happy Thanksgiving!!
hugs, Melisa

*********************************************************

Project Details

Stamps : Pink Persimmon "Society Lady" and "Parcel Post  "
Patterned Paper : My Mind's Eye 6 x 6 paper pad "Portabello Rd"
Die : "French Pastry Doily" Cheery Lynn Designs
Lace : Hobby Lobby
Decorative Scissors : Deckled by Fiskars


3 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

This is just beautiful - loe the doily - didn't realize it was a die. Great job and the papers are very nice. Have a great Thanksgiving.

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful card Melisa - love the vintage look to it - must ry cutting tissue with my die - thanks for the inspiration.
Blessings
Maxine

Emily Keaton said...

Delightfully vintage! I love the beautifully neutral color palette, too. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...