Saturday, February 23, 2013

A couple of Gina K. Design cards



Hello friends.  I'm so glad it's Saturday.  We are hoping to fit a bike ride in later today with our daughter.  It's beautiful in Texas right now.  We are having our spring with high's in the 70's most days.  I spent some time organizing photo's this week, since I'm trying to get back into it on a regular basis.  The problem is that I love so many of the scrapbook products I see .... but so many of my photo's from years ago were in color .... and don't match.  Apparently orange and blue were colors my son looked great in!  I think I have to get over that feeling that everything has to match and just go for it.  I need grandchildren and more black and white photo's teehee.

I used to store my photo's in these plastic "Sterilite" drawers because it seemed like an easy way to thumb through them.  They were pretty much organized by year ... but a lot were not.  Sometimes I would pull multiple photo's out trying to match them up ... and then never file them back.  So there was a catch all drawer.  So I have filed 20 years of photo's in photo albums the last couple of months.  WHEW!  I have given up on an notion that I will scrapbook them all.  And who would want to sit down and look at that many scrapbook albums anyway.  I'm excited that I have them out of drawers and in albums where my family can flip through them and look at them.

I do have a couple of cards to share today I designed using some Gina K. Designs images.  I used "Retro Boutique"  on this one.  Isn't that dress so cute.  I wanted it to be something you would want to pull out of the closet for a special event.  I loved popping up the dress to make it 3-D.  It's hard to see, but I added a little black party streamer to create a ruffle along the bottom.  I also added some beaded trim (Hobby Lobby).  The patterned paper is from Hobby Lobby.  





I used "Garden Fresh" for this card.  I thought the plaid ruffle trim and raffia gave it a cute farm fresh feel.  This set comes with more cute fruit / veggies and phrases.

I hope you have a fun and fabulous weekend!
hugs, Melisa

You can check out all of my Gina K. Designs Projects HERE.

3 comments:

Patti J said...

Both cards are wonderful, but that first one pops right off the page! That has to be one of my all time fave color combo's - beautiful cards, Melisa!!! Hope you get that bike ride :) Hugs...

Wordbird said...

Pretty! I love the dress card! It's one of my fav GKD stamp sets. ;D
Hugs to you Melisa... hope all is going well for you. <3

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Melisa that frock card is fabulous - love the colours you have used and the bling really sets everything else off beautifully.
Blessings
Maxine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...