As I mentioned in my earlier post today ... I'm working on cards for my sweet girl and I'm going to try and send her 1 a week. She just finished her first week teaching! She loves her 5th grade class and is having so much fun.
I used a really old stamp set by The Paper Studio and it includes cute little school images. I paper pieced the pencils, and tied them together with twine. This was not easy! I created my own sentiment, my daughter likes puns. You could easily find these images to create your own teacher cards. I googled pencil image coloring book and found lots of outline images that you could use to paper piece. HERE Coloring book images are usually copy right free. Or see a list of links below for great school digital stamps / files.
The apple and A+ are part of the same older stamp set. But the notebook paper (Hero Arts)
and decorative tape (Stampin' Up) images are current.
The sentiment :
1. Create the sentiment in a word doc. and print it out on regular copy paper. Trim image leaving about 1/2 border along the top (you will be taping the image over the copy)
2. Stamp the notebook paper on light weight cardstock (Target) because i didn't want to have problems with it feeding through the printer and I wanted to be able to see through it.
3. Hold the copy with the notebook image over it in front of a window.
4. Rotate the notebook paper so that the sentiment will print at an angle on the notebook paper image.
5. Secure image in place with light tack tape (I use "Magic Tape") over the copy.
6. Run this through your printer.
7. Sentiment is now printed on notebook paper image. Remove tape and finish trimming image.
FUN Digital Stamp files for teachers :
from The Cutting Cafe :
Pencil Shaped Card (I'm definitely making this one for her)
All About School Printables (This one includes an apple)
School Days Printable Stamp Set -(includes a pencil)
Fred She Said :
The Stamping Boutique :
You can check out all my Back to School / Teacher Appreciation Projects HERE.
I have some links to FREE word art downloads I created in these post!
Have a great week!!
Sentimental Sundays - one layer
Word Art Wednesday - "Teach me, O Lord, the way of the statutes : and I shall keep it unto the end" Psalms 119:33
CASual Friday's - buttons
SCS free for all (fri) - back to school