Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Back to School




As I mentioned in my earlier post today ... I'm working on cards for my sweet girl and I'm going to try and send her 1 a week.  She just finished her first week teaching!  She loves her 5th grade class and is having so much fun.

I used a really old stamp set by The Paper Studio and it includes cute little school images.  I paper pieced the pencils, and tied them together with twine.  This was not easy!  I created my own sentiment, my daughter likes puns.  You could easily find these images to create your own teacher cards.  I googled pencil image coloring book and found lots of outline images that you could use to paper piece.  HERE Coloring book images are usually copy right free.  Or see a list of links below for great school digital stamps / files.



The apple and A+ are part of the same older stamp set.  But the notebook paper (Hero Arts)
and decorative tape (Stampin' Up) images are current.  

The sentiment :
1.  Create the sentiment in a word doc. and print it out on regular copy paper.  Trim image leaving about 1/2 border along the top (you will be taping the image over the copy)
2.  Stamp the notebook paper on light weight cardstock (Target) because i didn't want to have problems with it feeding through the printer and I wanted to be able to see through it.
3.  Hold the copy with the notebook image over it in front of a window.
4.  Rotate the notebook paper so that the sentiment will print at an angle on the notebook paper image.
5.  Secure image in place with light tack tape (I use "Magic Tape") over the copy.  
6.  Run this through your printer.
7.  Sentiment is now printed on notebook paper image.  Remove tape and finish trimming image.

FUN Digital Stamp files for teachers :

from The Cutting Cafe :
Pencil Shaped Card (I'm definitely making this one for her)
All About School Printables (This one includes an apple)
School Days Printable Stamp Set -(includes a pencil)

Fred She Said :

The Stamping Boutique :

You can check out all my Back to School / Teacher Appreciation Projects HERE.
I have some links to FREE word art downloads I created in these post!

Have a great week!!


**************************************************

Challenges

Sentimental Sundays - one layer
Word Art Wednesday - "Teach me, O Lord, the way of the statutes : and I shall keep it unto the end"  Psalms 119:33
CASual Friday's - buttons
SCS free for all (fri) - back to school

5 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Sweet ideas! My daughter is a teacher- I should send her teacher cards- she is in China, so I send seasonal cards and personal ones instead. Love the pencils wrapped in twine- I won a Graphic 45 set last year that has really cute school images..I should get them out!

Unknown said...

That 2+2 card is an absolutely 100% winner.
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful paper craft art project with us today at WAW.
Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

Patti J said...

I've been thinking of you, my friend. Know you're missing that sweet girl. She'll be uplifted each time she sees something in her mailbox from you. These are adorable, and so perfect for a first year teacher! Thanks for sharing!

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous cards Melisa - what a blessed daughter you have :-).
Blessings
Maxine

Karen Letchworth said...

This is a really sweet Back to School card and I thank you SO MUCH for sharing your God-given talents with us by playing along in our challenge May God bless you as you create and share your lovely cards. It's SO nice to have you fellowship with us.
Blessings to you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...