Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pink Persimmon "You're a Jewel"


Hello friends!  What a wonderful week we are having.  My daughter and her boyfriend arrived from Colorado last Saturday night and we have been so busy .... rock climbing (not me, I just watched and took some photo's), 19 mile bike ride (my longest ride so far!!  It was split up into 3 stages with big breaks in between.  Oh how my patootie hurt.  I was really surprised that was the area that hurt the most), a movie, and NASA space center, so far.  Thursday we are doing "Thanksgiving" since they want be here for that.  Basically it's just a day of cooking together.  In the past we would play Christmas music to sing along too and put up the Christmas tree ... not sure we are going that far though!  We will probably wrap the day up with some sort of game, Catan or Canasta.  That will only leave Friday.  The week is flying by and it will be soooo hard to put them on a plane back to Colorado on Saturday.  :  (  


Today I'm sharing a card designed using Pink Persimmon's "You're a Jewel" and "ATC Background - Fairy Tale".   

I've been trying some new color combo's and I'm really lovin' the aqua / purple!  Do you have a new color combo you have tried recently?  


In preparation for lots of new stamp designs coming in Pink Persimmon is having a big sale to make room!!  So many great vintage designs are on the way!!  They just opened their new online store and you can save 30% off your order.  See details HERE.

************EDITED :  I am soooooooo very sorry.  I made a huge mistake.  Pink Persimmon clearly emailed me with the info and it said the sale ended on the 30th.  With all of our busy activity ... I quickly typed this post up without reviewing the email again and didn't remember this part.   I'm very embarrassed that I sent this post out so late and I hope it didn't inconvenience anyone *************

Hope you are having a fabulous week as well!
Melisa


You can check out all my Pink Persimmon projects HERE.


******************************************************

Project Details

You're a Jewel 5" x 5"
Stamps : Pink Persimmon
Patterned Paper : My Mind's Eye 6 x 6 paper pad
Die : Spellbinders "Labels Eight" Nestabilities, Cherry Lynn "French Doily"
Ribbon : Martha Stewart
Distressing tool : Making Memories
Deckled Scissors : Fiskars
Glitter Glue : Stickles "Crystal"
tissue paper
Ink : VersaMagic Spring Pansy and Purple Hydrangea
Distress Ink - Old Paper
Copic Markers : BG10, BG32, BG34

2 comments:

lisa808 said...

Love the aqua/purple color combo and all the fab distressing.

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful cards Melisa, and it sounds as thought you are having a blast with yout daughter and friend home!!
Love aqua and purple - a new one to me recently was a bright yellow and white!
Blessings
Maxine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...